All games will be played in the San Diego County. The tournament is located only 90 minutes from Disneyland, 45 minutes from the Mexican border, and 20 minutes to all the sights of the San Diego area including the internationally renowned San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park, Sea World, and Legoland California.
Each team is guaranteed three (3) games. Bracket play will consist of three (3) games on Saturday and Sunday. Top quality trophies as well as individual medals will be presented to teams finishing in 1st and 2nd place. The Copa Del Mar will be using 2015/2016 and 2016/2017 seasonal passes for all age groups.
Compliments to your club on a well-run tournament. My daughter’s GU10 team (Encinitas Express), is a new team with many first time competitive players. They competed in the Bronze GU10 bracket. The teams in their bracket were competitively well balanced and made for an exciting tournament throughout.
Thank you for having me and the four Surf teams that I brought + other 2 BU7 two teams and one other BU8. We all had a great time. Thank you for giving me a favorable – non-conflict schedule.
1. All Boys and Girls Teams (U7–U19) age groups are required to ATTEND MANDATORY TEAM REGISTRATION AT THEIR FIELD ONE (1) HOUR PRIOR TO THEIR FIRST SCHEDULED GAME.
2. If we have NOT RECEIVED FINAL PAYMENT by the application deadline, your team will not be accepted to the Invitational.
3. FAILURE TO CHECK IN will result in automatic disqualification. (Without a refund of your tournament fee) Games not played will be classified as “Forfeits”
4. GAMECARDS will be printed for you. You will be handed your game card for the weekend after registering your team along with your Copa Del Mar Tournament pins.
5. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR ROSTER UP TO DATE AND COMPLETE ONLINE NO LATER THAN MIDNIGHT SUNDAY JULY 24TH PRIOR TO THE TOURNAMENT. Game cards will be printed on the Monday so any changes from that point would need to be hand written at check-in if needed when registering your team. All jersey numbers must be on your game roster before you are checked in. This will be your final roster for the weekend.
1.) Current laminated player registration cards authorized by State/Provincial or National Association are required of all players as proof of age and must be available for inspection at initial check-in and at the start of each game. Players, managers and coaching cards will need to be either all 2015/16 or 2016/17 cards. Cards with no expiration date will not be accepted.
2.) Medical release/Player registration forms for all players signed by parent or player will be required for all players at initial check-in. Teams will be required to keep medical release forms on hand at all times.
3.) Travel papers for out-of-state teams. Teams traveling in will need to provide travel papers from State Association unless traveling with US Club Cards. Please send via email to tournament director at [email protected] or provide at check–in.
Schedules will be posted on our web page once the brackets have been determined, schedule are subject to change. Please check our web site for changes and updates prior to your games.
Be Prepared For Game Day:
1.) Remember to check-in with the field marshal 1 hour prior to your first game then 30 minutes prior to each game after with your team and game cards.
2.) Remember to pick up your player cards and game card from the field marshal after the end of each game. You will need them with you when checking in for your next game.