DMCV Sharks All Stars Information
All-star teams will be playing in at least two All-Star tournaments.
Players must be able to commit to playing in both tournaments.
Below are Tournament Options and dates:
Optional 3rd Tournament to be determined by each team:
Escondido New Year’s Kickoff- (January 7 and 8, 2017)
All Star Fee:
Checks payable to “DMCV Sharks” on night of All Star Meeting
This fee covers the cost of All Star uniforms and the two December tournament entry fees.
Additional Optional Purchase: Outerwear for players: Gray Hoodie w/ All Star logo.
Teams are selected as follows:
Girls Div. 6 (U8/2009) – One team of 11 players Boys Div. 6 (U8/2009) – Two teams of 11 players (Total 22 players)
Boys/Girls Div. 5 (U10/2007&2008) – Two teams of 11 players (Total 22 players)
Boys/Girls Div. 4 (U12/2005&2006) – One team of 13 players
Boys/Girls Div. 3 (U14/2003&2004) – One team of 16 players
2016 All-Star Meeting Schedule
Girls Div.4 / U12 – 6:15-7:15pm
Girls Div.3 / U14 – 7:30-8:15pm
Girls Div.6 / U8 – 5:00-5:45pm
Girls Div.5 / U10 – 6:00-7:10pm
Boys Div.4 / U12 – 7:15-8:00pm
Boys Div.6 / U8 – 5:00-6:15pm
Boys Div.5 / U10 – 6:30-7:30pm
Boys Div.3 / U14 – 7:30-8:15pm
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Below are some answers to frequently asked questions regarding All-star Tryouts and the selection process:
- Be at the field 20 minutes prior to tryout time so you can check-in. We will assign you a number to wear so the coaches will know who you are.
- Bring a good attitude and a lot of effort.
- Wear your shin guards and cleats. Bring plenty of water to drink.
- The 1 hour and 30 minute try out will consist of a training session concluded by a scrimmage.
- If a coach does not play you in the position you play best, be sure to let the coach know that you would like him/her to see you play in that position.
- We will use games and the recreation tournament to aid the scheduled try out and the selection process.
- Selected players will be notified by the All Star Coach or Division Coordinator.
- The All Star coach will hold two to three practices per week to get the team ready for the tournament. Practice days will be decided by the coach (allowing time off for Thanksgiving)
- The league will have a “team meeting” (date and time are TBA) soon after the team is selected. This will be a mandatory registration meeting in which paperwork and fees will be collected.
- The Tournament schedule will most likely be teams playing 3 games within their bracket on Saturday. Teams, who advance, will usually play semifinals and finals on Sunday.