This scholarship fund was established in 2018 by the family and friends of Wendy Montini, who tirelessly volunteered and supported the DMCV Sharks Soccer program on behalf of her daughter Gianna Montini. The scholarship is given annually by the Montini Family to a DMCV Sharks soccer player who has the desire to participate in the soccer program, but may be lacking the resources to do so. Ideally the candidate should exhibit the mental toughness and strength of character through a hardship or by giving back to others.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA is required to apply
- Student must have performed some level of community service and/or volunteering
- Write an essay (750 words or less) on the following: “How will your mental toughness and strength of character, through either a hardship or by giving back to others, make a positive difference in your soccer future.”
- Letter of recommendation preferred
- Submission deadline: May 15 annually
Contact Information and Award Selection
- Please email email@example.com with any questions
- Essays will be reviewed by Gianna Montini, Sharks National Champion and Auburn University alum. As well as her father, Sam Montini.
- This scholarship will be awarded to female soccer players only
- Scholarships submissions are due May 15th and winners will be announced by May 30th
- $1,000 (credited toward registration fees)