Cancellation requests must be made in writing to the League Registrar or Program Director and e-mailed or mailed to:
Del Mar Carmel Valley Sharks
11855 Sorrento Valley Road, Suite 506
San Diego, CA 92121
Email: Ashlee Farshler/ Davor Gazivoda
Cancellation requests submitted by the following dates will receive the corresponding refund:
- By June 10th – 80% of the league registration fee
- By August 15 – 50% of the league registration fee
- After September 1st – subject to the exception noted below, we are unable to offer any refund due to our existing refund policy and the need to cover incurred fixed costs.
Exceptions to the above rules:
- If a player suffers a properly documented season-ending injury and would like to request a refund, written proof of injury must be submitted within 15 days of the injury. A pro-rated refund will be calculated based upon the date of the injury and the REC SEASON (defined below).
- If the league removes a player from the program, no refund will be issued.
- If, due to COVID-19 restrictions, teams are not able to practice or game at the specified time, the league will adjust the season’s timeframe to ensure the health and safety of all involved. If the season is cancelled due to COVID-19, a prorated amount (based on time of cancellation) will be applied to a future Sharks’ program for each participant, based on each participant’s preference. No monies will be refunded for season cancellation due to COVID-19.
DEFINITION: REC SEASON begins on the date of the team’s first league scheduled practice and ends on the date of the team’s last game.
Players may not register to play with more than one team or one Club.
Additional notes: If a player receives a scholarship, the amount of the scholarship will be deducted from the refund owed.